About this episode
The host of MacroVoices Erik Townsend joins me for a discussion about his book Beyond Blockchain: Death of the Dollar and the Rise of Digital Currency. We discuss the coming implementation of Central Bank Digital Currencies and the effect they will have on the world.
FULL TRANSCRIPT OF EPISODE:
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why the crypto crowd only half achieves their objectives.
- Why Bitcoin is a weapon against the traditional monetary system.
- Why programatic money is a boon for governments and how they will abuse it.
- Why central bankers are just waking up to digital money.
- Why Erik thinks Bitcoin and other cryptos will be banned.
- What the dangers of Facebook launching Libra are and why it's such a powerful tool for Mark Zuckerburg.
- The ins and outs of Libra as a new global currency.
- The connection between Alfred Nobel, Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- The history behind private money issuance in the United States and why it was banned.
- A glimpse into the connection between the FAANGs and the United States government in their quest to build a digital currency.
- How Bitcoin can undermine central banks.
- The role of gold in creating a new global digital currency and why Russia and China are so interested in building their reserves.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
Share an episode with family and friends
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.