About this episode
Thib brings his Bitcoin Maximalism onto the show to discuss taxes, regulatory arbitrage, central banks, and his company Kn0x.
Thibaud is currently VP Growth at KNØX, a Bitcoin financial services firm, focused on insured key storage with Initialized, and Fidelity Investments Canada amongst backers. Prior, he led portfolio services at Real Ventures, a $330M venture capital firm, and managed their national venture accelerator program. Thibaud created TechAide, raising over $300,000 for charity organizations with partners such as Google, Facebook and Samsung. Thibaud graduated from McGill University in Information Systems.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why the market will always try to get around constraining regulatory frameworks and how taxation is not an exception to this rule.
- Whether tax is necessary for a civilised society and how it could exist in a bitcoin-dominated world.
- How central bank money creation has diluted money which distorts price signals for everyone.
- Why there is not much governments can do about Bitcoin other than control Fiat on-ramps through KYC/AML.
- How Bitcoin and DeFi’s approach to complex financial instruments and their creation in their network differs.
- How Bitcoin can break the cycle of surveillance capitalism and create more transparency.
- Why Bitcoin should be part of every millennial’s savings plan.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
- Donate to our Gitcoin Grant.
- Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.