About this episode
Bryan Caplan is the author of Open Borders: The Science and Ethics of Immigration. In this episode he blows away all of the arguments Sam put forward for closed borders. After listening, you will probably change your mind on open borders as well.
Show Transcription Notes
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why open borders will increase global GDP by 200%
- Why the idea of open borders covers all beliefs and political views.
- What the Justice and Abundance story is for immigration.
- Why the social science shows that immigration benefits offset any negative aspects.
- Why the United States should let in Antartican farmers.
- Where immigrants typically move when the immigrate and how they diffuse into the United States.
- How many immigrants would move to the United States and Europe if there were open borders.
- How we can design keyhole solutions that alleviate the fears and concerns of native populations.
- How mass immigration has helped China become a global superpower.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
Share an episode with family and friends
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.