About this episode
Matthew joins the podcast to talk about Loopring and how they are implementing zkSNARKs to build a lightning fast decentralized settlement network.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- How Loopring’s DEX protocol built on Ethereum differs from their competitors.
- Why their unique order matching model creates rings or combinatorial matching across disparate trades to find greater liquidity.
- How Loopring version 3.0 takes everything off-chain using ZkSnarks to address scalability for high volume, high-frequency DEX trading.
- Why ZkRollups create Ethereum level security off-chain before settlement happens onto Ethereum.
- How Loopring’s smart contract logic stores the account balances on chain in Ethereum in the smart contract even though trades/orders happen off-chain.
- Why their trustless setup matters and the differences between OptimisticRollups (recently launched at DevCon)/ZkRollups (currently used in Loopring).
- Why we need to do a better job of communicating and reaching out to CeFi (Centralised Finance) people to explain DeFi and its use cases.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
- Donate to our Gitcoin Grant
- Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.