About this episode
In this epic interview, David Collum sits down to chat about his Year in Review. Moonlighting as a professor of Chemistry at Cornell, David keeps encyclopedic records of all events that occured through the year and then compiles it all into a massive review. Please give his 2018 review a read before listening to understand all of the topics that we speak about.
Year in Review 2018: https://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/114635/2018-year-review
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- How community, social politics, and group dynamics are driving the mindset of today’s youth.
- What David sees on the front lines of the culture wars at Cornell University.
- Why heterogeneous groups are not cohesive and there is a price to pay for inclusion.
- His theory on students post-2014: how their persistency is shortening, peripheral vision is narrowing, and learning is to know it, not to look it up.
- Why infinite content is a problem.
- Why the internet is the beginning of totalitarianism or the greatest instrument for democracy.
- Why authenticity is what drives listenership for podcasts.
- Why pensions are under-performing so badly due to criminal behaviour in pension funds.
- What David would do to fix the Fed.
- David’s demographic model and is it possible this time it can be different?
- Equities are 2x overvalued, but does anyone care?
- Why inflation is what destroys society and why food pricing creates huge unrest.
- Why the bubble of everything makes asset ownership out of reach for Millenials.
- Why the Fed has such aversion to deflation and why it’s the cause of all our problems.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
Share an episode with family and friends
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.