About this episode
Are you ready to learn about payments and fiat on/off ramps? Wyre CEO Mike Dunworth joins this episode with host Samuel McCulloch to discuss the future of payments, growing Wyre and the current market.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why Fiat to Crypto on-ramps are so awful and how payment providers squeeze both sides of transactions.
- How archaic payments rules punish crypto for being high-risk and increase transaction costs for fiat on-ramps.
- Why payment providers are using data analytics (Googgle-style) to reduce fraud and underwrite risk.
- Why everything comes back to device-based security and wallet security protocols.
- Why changes in European payments regulation will make it harder to get credit as credit issuers become liable for fraudulent transactions, not your bank or merchants.
- What Wyre will be focusing in 2020.
- Why MakerDao should be more transparent about their near-term and long-term goals.
- Why Bitcoin halving will create ‘buy the rumour, sell the news’ volatility as more people fight over reduced supply.
- Why globally distributed teams are more productive than being in San Francisco.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
- Help keep this show going by sending us $5
- Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.