About this episode
Brian Kerr, Co-Founder and CEO of Kava Labs joins the End of the Chain podcast with host Samuel McCulloch to discuss cross blockchain liquidity provisions. Brian makes a great argument for why instead of protocol maximalism, we should all be "liquidity maximalists".
Brian Kerr is the CEO and Co-Founder of Kava, a cross-chain DeFi platform offering loans and stablecoins for crypto users and traders. Brian is a serial venture-backed entrepreneur who previously led a prominent esports and gaming company called Fnatic. Brian also serves as an advisor to several blockchain projects including Snowball, Akash.network, and DMarket.io.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why DeFi is so important because it creates digital dollars and allows for hedging positions.
- How the biggest story this year is: DeFi found interest rates.
- How Kava’s evolution will grow rates and on board cross-chain liquidity into their protocol as a result.
- Why Kava has sovereignty over USDX and anything that is bridged into their protocol regardless which chain it came from.
- Why we haven’t seen a flight of assets from one chain to another YET.
- How Kava is creating a new monetary supply on top of the base layer that never existed before and in theory, why this should be more efficient than the base layer itself.
- Why this credit layer built on top, made up of Kava and others, enables fungible assets to be created and how this is a game-changer for Crypto.
- Why liquidity begets liquidity, and there is nothing more liquid than the US dollar.
- How privacy should be the default in a perfect world but currently, only a small number of users will go through the extra steps needed to secure privacy within protocols.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
- Help keep this show going by sending us $5
- Donate to our Gitcoin Grant
- Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.