About this episode
Doug joins the show to discuss Kadena, a new American blockchain project built with proof-of-work consensus, a formalized language and a multi-chain public network. We dig deep into what makes Kadena special and why it will separate itself from other projects in 2020.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why Kadena is a complete layer 1 blockchain solution based on proof of work that solves the scalability issue.
- How Pact, their smart contract language was designed from the ground up to be a formally verified language for smart contract development.
- How they built Multi-Sig keyset governance into their blockchain with client operations in mind.
- Why their contract governance determines whether or not the smart contract is upgradeable and how this is readable on Kadena.
- Why ChainWeb solves the scalability issue through multiple chain block hashing.
- How Kadena’s ChainWeb distributes the hash power among chains using degree diameter graph theory to make all chains interconnected and therefore immune to 51% attacks.
- Why Kadena’s great company culture comes from having founders with both technical background and business experience.
- How hybrid blockchains as a form of middleware between private and public transactions and why there is huge potential for applications in this area.
- How the US government is a monopsony as the one employer in the Washington D.C. area which creates a more level salary scale and compresses inequality.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
Share an episode with family and friends
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.