About this episode
Kain Warwick joins End of the Chain with host Samuel McCulloch to discuss synthetic assets on Ethereum, the growth of Defi and the future of crypto assets.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why Synthetix's end goal is to give people the ability to have price exposure to other asset classes while remaining on Ethereum.
- How Ethereum solved the volatility problem in the crypto markets and unlocked its true potential through composability.
- Why we all live with the tail risks inherent in these regulated stablecoins and the kill switches built into them.
- How all on-ramps come with trade-offs and why these risks need to be discussed in DeFi.
- Why Synthetixs wants to stay as permissionless as possible.
- Why the challenges of providing security and guarding value are much much greater in DeFi than in centralised systems because of the lack of legal/regulatory system to fall back on.
- Why Flashloans will take out protocols and platforms that are not robust or have weak points and how this is inevitable as DeFi matures.
- How Synthetix’s implantation of a bitcoin bridge will be permissionless to avoid introducing systemic risk, regulatory capture and other attack vectors into the network.
- Why a permissionless ERC20 tokenised version of BTC or Bitcoin will be a better user experience on Ethereum than just using Bitcoin today on a Layer 1 or Layer 2 solution.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
- Help keep this show going by sending us $5
- Donate to our Gitcoin Grant
- Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.