About this episode
Dominic is is a British author, comedian and voice actor. He joins the podcast to talk about his new book "Daylight Robbery How Tax Shaped Our Past and Will Change Our Future." We discussed how crypto will force governments how they collect taxes and the history of tax collection. Dominic puts forward a riveting account of money and taxes in his book. The story of money cannot be told without accounting for the history of taxes.
Show Transcription Notes
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why cryptocurrencies could break the tax system.
- How our tax system evolved and what the future has planned for governments.
- Why Hong Kong is the best example of a tax system in the world and the Authoritarian Libertarian Scottish man responsible for it.
- Why we don't have simpler, easier tax codes.
- Why the Peasant's revolt is deserving of a mini-series.
- How international corporations exploit the tax system and what can be done to tax it.
- How the gig/freelance economy is making taxation harder to enforce and why there will be a billion freelancers by 2025.
- Peasants' Revolt
- Hong Kong Financial Secretary John James Cowperthwaite
- Meet the invisible hand behind Hong Kong’s rise - Article on Cowperthwaite
- How Google avoids paying its taxes and sticks you with the bill.
- The gig economy goes global.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
Share an episode with family and friends
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.