About this episode
Kelly is the author of Soonish: Ten Emerging Technologies That'll Improve and/or Ruin Everything. Kelly discusses the impact of her book since its been launched, what technologies have come to use and what are some of the consequences and benefits of the ten topics covered in the book.
Where to find the show
What to listen for
- Why the next human overlords will be parasites.
- What society can define as technology breakthroughs.
- What are the technology breakthroughs of the future.
- How modern life is prone to lower birthrates and higher resource usage.
- How humans eclipse the pressures of carrying capacity
- Why Kelly is an optimist about the future.
- Why launching material into space with nukes is probably a bad idea.
- Why Kelly doesn’t get jealous of other scientists and what field she would pursue if not a microbiologist.
- How she responds to high schoolers who read her book Soonish.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you like End of the Chain you can help support the show by doing one of the following:
Make a Tip - Send me an email after so I can mention you on the show.
Bitcoin: USE THIS LINK FOR ADDRESS REUSE
Share an episode with family and friends
If you are interested in sponsoring the show please send me an email.